5 Basic Ways Hormones Affect The Female Body
While you can’t see them, hormones are central to your health and well being. This powerful substances pack a body punch, but when they get out of balance, so do you. From your menstrual period to your mood, hormones control many details of your life. The following are just some of the ways that you experience hormonal affects every day. You may also want to visit an anti aging clinic or gynecologist for a more specific analysis of your hormonal health.
- Stress: When you are feeling stressed, your brain releases the hormone cortisol. During this process, your body and brain get an energy boost to help you handle the threat you are facing. But when this happens too often, your body can have trouble bouncing back. Plenty of exercise and stress management can help even this out.
- Temperature: Your thyroid is a hormone powerhouse and is responsible for regulating your temperature, amongst other things. To keep this in balance, avoid stress and chemicals like BPA. A clean body leads to happy hormones.
- Reproduction: Estrogen is the main reproductive hormone in females,
and when it is out of balance, you may experience complications like polycystic ovarian syndrome. Females also have testosterone, which affects muscle mass and other factors.
- Sleep: The main sleep hormone is melatonin, and it is regulated on a cycle called your circadian rhythm. If you throw off your sleep schedule, your body may not produce this hormone at the right time. If you happen to visit an anti aging clinic, they may point to your sleep schedule to improve your health.
- Mood: Oxytocin and serotonin are both associated with mood. Ocytocin is produced by intimate contact like hugging. Serotonin is associated with mood boosts, so low levels can cause depression.
To regulate hormones in patients who need it, hormone therapy can be highly effective. If you are concerned about your hormones, see a womens health professional for a consultation. They will recommend the right methods to regulate your hormones and improve your health. And of course, one of the best steps you can take is committing to a healthy lifestyle. Making these efforts can help balance your hormones and get your body feeling strong again.