When it comes to a home roofing project, there are various roofing materials available in the market. Some popular options include solar tile, slate, asphalt shingles, and metal roofing. Metal roofing, in particular, is one of the most durable and energy-efficient roofing options widely for both commercial and residential roofing. In addition to being architecturally strong, metal roofs protect your house extreme weather conditions such as heavy rainfall and storms.
Common Types of Metal Roofing for Your House
Which is the best type of metal roofing for your home?
Modern metal roofs are made from different materials and come in a variety of gauges; the most appropriate gauge when it comes to metal roof installation is between 24 and 26. Common examples include.
1. Metal Roofing is Great Investment
While the upfront cost metal roof installation is usually high, you get to save a lot in terms of energy and maintenance costs. With proper maintenance, metal roofing can last up to 50 years and more than other roofing options like asphalt shingles. Metal roofs also have a great return on investment and can significantly lower your home insurance by up to 35%.
2. Aesthetically Beautiful Roofing Option
Modern metal roofing offers more than just durability, they’re also stylish to complete different roofing looks. They come in different materials, designs and colors for specific roofing needs. For maximum protection, this roofing type can be covered with special coatings that shield it against corrosion and harsh weather conditions. Steel roofing, in particular, needs to coated for improved durability. Other options such as aluminum, copper and tin are durable enough even without a layer of special coat.
Common Metal Roofing Styles
When considering metal roof installation, remember that there are different styles and designs for metal roofs. They include:
- Sheet Metal roofing are long metal stripes made of quality steel and special coatings to offer maximum durability. During installation, metal roofing sheets can be installed in various ways depending on your roofing needs.
- Panel Metal roofing is another popular roofing design that often comes in two shapes; square and rectangle. You can choose from between corrugated and standing seam metal roofing.
- Look-a-likes These are modern metal roofing designed to look similar to other roofing options like slate and tiles. The metal strips mimic traditional shingles and tiles in designs.