8 Reasons to Consider a Pre-Engineered Steel Building
If you need to add a building to your property, you have a lot of options. Many companies are looking to pre-engineered steel buildings to meet their needs. There are a number of reasons these kinds of building make great options. If you have an agricultural building, these require less in the way of barn renovations, for example. Here are some reasons to consider talking to a steel building contractor for your needs.
- They cost less to remodel. If your business expands after you have completed your steel building, it is a lot less expensive to expand than if you have another kind of structure. In fact, remodeling pre-engineered steel buildings is a snap comparatively. All you need to do is add a new structure next to the one that you have.
- You will pay less in insurance. Structures that are made of steel are much more able to hold their own against the elements. Many buildings can be heavily damaged by earthquakes, fires, lightening, termites, high winds and rain. Most agricultural businesses have to a fair number of barn renovations every year after they have been hit by bad storms. Steel buildings are much more able to deal with these threats. As a consequence, the insurance rates are much lower.
- You will use less energy. While many commercial building, especially when used for agriculture, do not use heating and air conditioning systems, some do. It has been estimated that a metal roof can keep a structure much cooler than when the roof is made from other materials. Metal building contractors will tell you that these structures are a lot more energy efficient. The metal can reflect back the heat from the sun and new insulation materials will keep the heating or cooling inside. By combing the right insulation and structure, the bills can be cut by as much as 50%.
- Steel buildings do not need as much maintenance. When you have a wood barn or other building, you need to paint it at least every few years. This is not needed on a steel barn. In fact, you will find that you need to do barn renovations much less often when you have put in a steel building. As was noted, you do not have to worry about termites, rodents or other pests from getting in and doing damage to your building.
- You have less to worry about when it comes to mold. Mold can be a big problem for many buildings and businesses around the world. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified thousands of kinds of mold. All of them are harmful to human health. It can be incredibly difficult to get rid of mold once it has gotten a foothold in a building but steel buildings are impervious to mold.
- You will have fewer issues with your foundation. Steel buildings have a lot less framing pieces than other kinds of buildings. They also are often lighter that buildings constructed with other materials. This means there is less weight on the foundation. Less weight on the foundation means there will be fewer issues. That is always a good thing. When your barn renovations include work on the foundation, the project can be pricey.
- These buildings are great for the environment. In the first place, most of the steel that is used to manufacture these buildings has been recycled. In the second place, it takes less energy to heat or cool the inside of the buildings, if that is needed. Lastly, pre-engineered steel buildings can be almost completely recycled at the end of their lifecycle. When the building needs to be taken down, almost all of the steel can be recycled. The same cannot be said of other kinds of buildings, such as wood. This is one reason that steel is one of the most recycled materials on the planet.
- They last a long time. When it comes to longevity, it is hard to beat steel buildings or roofs. They just outlast structures made from other materials.
There are a number of reasons to look to steel buildings when you need to add a structure to your space. They cost less, last longer and are easier to maintain.